Quinnie's Birthday Countdown!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

June 14, 2012

Quinn turns 2 - Part 1

Can't believe that my little Quinnie is 2 years old!  In order to celebrate, we took the kids to Coney Island this past weekend.  They have rides and a pool area (with slides) and after 4 we could get in cheaper since there isn't as much time left in the day but we knew just a few hours would be enough at their ages!

We started with rides.  Most rides are around a 48" requirement one way or the other (must be taller or shorter to ride).  Quinn, of course, is not anywhere near that tall!  Owen hit just above the 48" mark so he could ride all the big kid rides.  So the hubby and I split up so that Owen could go on the big rides that Quinn couldn't.  I took Quinn to the little kid area which had some basic small rides that went around in circles and that was about it.  However, I knew this was not going to be an easy/exciting time.  I put Quinn on a little train and she cried.  I buckled her in, and she cried.  The person running the ride asked if I wanted to get her off before they started it, I said "no."  At this point I may look like a bad mom to the on-lookers, but this was my child and I wanted to see how she was when it was moving.  Once the trains started, no crying (not any smiling/giggling either) but she was content.  When the train stopped, we started crying again. So, I waited 5 minutes and then we tried the airplanes.  Same thing happened, so I decided it was enough.  Now, if there was only a place that would let me put her on and take her off while it was in motion... :)  But at least she experienced something new.

Later, we went to the pool area.  I took Quinn again and she was ok until her toes started getting wet (the water was a little chilly).  Once we were in for a few minutes (up to her tummy), she calmed down and splashed and giggled.

Owen had a blast!  He loved all the rides, did a couple of slides at the pool and just had a good day overall.


No comments:

Post a Comment